Wednesday, April 22, 2015
- Why is it that every single time I get my car back from the shop, everything, included the seat, the mirrors, and the steering wheel angle, has been CHANGED? Dude had to drive it thirty feet from the parking lot to the garage, not thirty miles. Jeez.
- So as you may or may not know, I am a HUGE fan of the Duggar show, i.e., Nineteen Kids and Totally Insane. Yes, I know they belong to a weird religious cult (Quiverfull Movement), and blah blah blah, but that show is so damn RELAXING. Nothing much ever happens, and nobody yells at anybody, and nobody learns anything, and it's just about PERFECT. Except last night, there was an episode where one of the daughters who just got married (I can't tell them apart) and her new husband went on a European honeymoon, and it became painfully obvious as the episode wore on that they're pretty ... dumb. Oh, they're both amiable enough, but really ... to freak out over escargot? In this day and age? Errrr ... I don't think homeschooling has served them right, frankly. (UPDATED TO ADD: I just read online that the happy couple is 22 and 19. That explains a lot: I, too, was dumb as a box of rocks at that age. I forgot that Duggars marry young.)
- But! I did not get to watch the entire episode, because there was more Rescue! Drama! happening on Facebook, so I was busy getting my snark on from the sidelines, which is the best way to enjoy Rescue! Drama!. In my opinion.
- and Oh! In other tacky reality TV news, is anybody else watching Married at First Sight on A&E? Oh my GOD I love that show. I really need to get a Tivo, because last night a new episode of that went up against a new episode of the Duggars, and I was TORN. TORN. Of course, in the end, I didn't get to watch much of either thanks to Rescue! Drama!, so it's a good thing that both A&E and TLC will rerun the episodes approximately nine billion times. Whew.
- Today is Administrative Professionals' Day. I am an administrative professional. The chances of anyone in my office acknowledging this in any way are zero. Screw it, I'm taking MYSELF out to lunch.
- The daffodils are up! And the hyacinths! The lilacs are leafing out! And it's supposed to snow tonight. *sob*
And of course, there continues to be plenty of THIS going on:
They'll be four weeks old tomorrow. Where DOES the time go?!