Friday, October 31, 2014

Today I am a Scout


Okay, first off, yeah, I know, it's been a little quiet around here lately, mainly because there is a KITTEN IN DA HOUSE!, but we'll get to that shortly.

I was rummaging around in my closet the other day and found a boy scout shirt, complete with merit badges!(don't ask me why) (there's a boy scout buried in the backyard) (KIDDING I am KIDDING), and I thought, eh, maybe I'll dress up for Halloween.  Nobody at the office will care, and a boy scout shirt sounded more comfy than the usual Business Casual, so there you are.  I knew I had a sash someplace, and I dug that up (ha), except it turned out to be a girl scout sash instead of a boy scout sash (do boy scouts even HAVE sashes?  I do not know), so I thought I could go as a Transgendering Scout, but that seemed like a little too much detail even for me, so I am a Scout.  And very comfortable.

(and yes, I DID consider going as a Crazy Cat Lady, complete with Kitten!, but that's been done to death, so no.)

Now! Kitten!  Yes, it is the Dump & Run kitten from last weekend.  I was in need of a kitten fix, so I made a stop after work the other night, and now I am caring for this lil dude for a few days:



His eyes are a mess so I'm keeping the spare room dimly-lit.  I didn't want to use the flash, plus he's wriggly, so I don't have any decent pics yet, but here is one of him next to a flashlight for size:


Yep.  Tiny.   Little Talon.  Talon the Tiny Terror.  That cat is gonna be a handful when he starts feeling better, so I'm enjoying the calm before the storm right now.

Oh, and guess what I'm gonna do tomorrow?  Get a HAIRCUT.  I am sure that SOMEONE (cough) will be glad to hear that news, and I'll have you know it's only been ELEVEN WEEKS since my last haircut, so I should totally get an award.  Hand it over.

So!  That's what's up.  Scouting and kittens and haircuts, oh my.  Let me know if there's any little old ladies who need help crossing the street or anything.




6 comments:

bridgett said...

My last haircut was mid-August. I think I look totally shaggy but a colleague just told me that my hair looks cute in its new style. (You mean, washing it and not combing it? That new style??)

rockygrace said...

WORK that bedhead, bridgett! I'm jealous.

fmcgmccllc said...

I want that kitten really bad. I know nothing about cats, cannot begin to think about you would train and take care of a cat, and I want that kitten. I got to stop reading your blog(can't do that) because you are turning me into a cat person.

Talked to son about this and he said I cannot even think about having certain cats as they all have distinct personalities.

Lord help me get over this cat thing.

Too sweet.

rockygrace said...

fmcetc., there's a FedEx box heading your way. It'll be the one that's meowing.

KIDDING I am KIDDING.

You should do foster care! That way you only have a cat when you want it (shelters and rescues are more than happy to work around vacations, travel plans, etc.), it's a good way to "try out" different cats, and if you DO fall in love with one, you can go ahead and adopt. I will guarantee that your local shelters and rescues are looking for foster homes.

and Talon is a complete sweetheart. It's understandable that he has a blog fan base.

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! A good cut trumps color everyday. While you're there, schedule your next cut - just like a grown-up...:-)

Kris

rockygrace said...

ha, Kris, that'll happen. Someday.