Monday, July 22, 2013

Stuff I did last week



I took a few days off work last week, because it's July.  And I found time to do all kinds of things:

- dropped my work-issued cell phone into Choconut Creek.  Sorry, boss!  On the plus side, I found out that the rice-in-a-bag trick really does work.  Whew!

- found the elusive Ingraham Hill quarries.

- bought a dress at the Sal that looks like something Anita would have worn in West Side Story.  It's AWESOME.

- had some mighty fine brisket with cornbread and a double side of salt potatoes.  Salt potatoes is one of those summer foods, isn't it?  So are pasta salad and jello and soft-serve ice cream. and watermelon. Am I missing any?

- used an outhouse.  Yeah, I'm getting kind of old for this stuff.

- asked a neighbor, "So, have you seen the fox yet?" and was dismayed when he replied, "Yes!  Have you seen the bear?"  That's it.  I'm movin'.

- got the lowdown on my neighbor B., who is not improving with age.  His driving skills have gone to sh*t (they went quite a while ago, if you ask me), and he totaled his car driving back from Wilkes-Barre. His wife now does all the driving, which is not necessarily a good thing, as she's the one who drove over the fire hydrant at the end of their driveway last summer.


Oh boy, I've got lot's more.  I'll continue this next time ... what have you guys been up to lately?





5 comments:

Domestic Kate said...

I thought I saw a fox at my apt complex, but it turned out to a be a little coyote. It was second time seeing him, although the first time we couldn't quite tell what it was. Now we're sure it was a coyote.

And I just realized that I don't ever imagine coyotes being female. Damn you, Looney Tunes.

Becs said...

Reading, watching movies, reading and more reading. I hate hot weather.

rockygrace said...

Kate, if I see a coyote around here, I am moving for sure. Oh! And I'm definitely going to try making one of your braided necklaces. They are too cool.

and Becs, are you reading fun stuff? I have a hard time digging into anything serious in the summertime.

Becs said...

Rocky, it's certainly not heavy-duty stuff, which I've pretty much given up reading. Most interesting lately is Elsewhere by Richard Russo, an autobiography but mostly a biography of his very crazy mother. I identified with this and also give him many props because he let her live with or near him most of her life, something far beyond my capabilities.

rockygrace said...

I cannot even imagine living with my mother. Yeesh.