Tuesday, July 23, 2013

More stuff I did last week



- got another C-diff infection.  Okay, this is getting really old.  On the plus side, I found out that Tig Notaro had C-diff!  I have something in common with a famous person!  I can only hope that my life trajectory does not further mirror hers; after being hospitalized with C-diff, her mother died, she went through a breakup, and she found out she had cancer.  Yeah, I'll pass.

- stopped at a kids' lemonade stand after being accosted on the street by a pint-sized huckster.  The brownies were excellent.

- bought all kinds of faaaaaabulous stuff for myself for my birthday and Christmas. And I found a close runner-up for The Most Awesome Store in the World.  While the Ithaca Antique Center still holds the crown, there was a great little shop on the Commons that is running a close second right now.  If I could just remember the name ...

- performed my annual "Step on a bee and get stung on the bottom of the foot" spastic ballet.  In front of the neighbors.  I hope they were entertained.

- realized there was a problem when even the CATS were all, "Ewwww, what's that SMELL?" in the bedroom.  Turns out it was a half-eaten mouse that SOMEONE (Tinks, I'm lookin' at you) had stashed under the bed "for later".  This food hoarding has got to stop, dammit. 

- and then, last night, during a rainstorm, Tinks came bursting through the pet door, soaking wet, with yet another frog in his mouth, racing straight for ... yep ... under the bed.  TINKS!  I netted the frog, set him loose outside, and gave Tinks a stern talking-to.  Not that it'll do any good. 

- realized that my trumpet vine is actually going to BLOOM this year.  It's a miracle!  I transplanted that vine, which was propagated from cuttings from a total stranger years ago, from my old place.  It never bloomed there, and it never bloomed here, except, a couple of weeks ago, a light bulb went off in my head, and I FERTILIZED the poor thing.  Voila!  Blooms!


So that's what's going on in my neck of the woods.  What are your cats dragging in? 



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no -- another c-diff? I'd be thinking about flamethrowering the inside of my house and office space. Sorry to hear that. Our cats spent the hot week giving each other the stink-eye ("you just wait until I feel like moving...I'm going to let you have it...") and this week have been engaged in one long loud operatic cat battle. If they are awake, they're stalking, threatening, or attacking each other. It's getting pretty old. -- bridgett

rockygrace said...

Yep, c-diff again. Evidently recurrences are fairly common. As long as I can stay out of the hospital, I'm happy.

My cats usually save their "Moooooom! He's touching me!" stuff for the wintertime. I think in the summer it's just too hot for them to get all worked up over each other. Plus, they're busy bringing in frogs. :(

Birdie said...

Have you been to a Naturopath? I wonder if there is a way to naturally boost your immune system?

We have two cats and one is not allowed outside because of the little creatures he was dragging in. (mice, hummingbirds, robins. chickadees) Our other cat is allowed outside because he is 17 and too lazy to do anything but sleep when he is outside.

rockygrace said...

Oh my, Birdie, one of your cats catches hummingbirds?! I didn't know that was even possible - they're so fast.

Birdie said...

...but my cat is faster!