Sunday, July 28, 2013

I got the Sunday puzzle! I got the Sunday puzzle!




So, I was listening to NPR this morning, because I'm an insufferable prick, and the Sunday puzzle (with Will Shortz!) came on.  As usual, I had not solved the puzzle from the week before, and also as usual, I missed the part where he explained the "rules" of this week's on-air puzzle, meaning  I have no idea what the connection is between "witness tampering" and "cross talk".  However!  Then it came time for next week's puzzle, and I prepared to listen to the question and  then go "durrrrrrrrr", but

I GOT IT!  I GOT THE ANSWER!

Granted, the puzzle this week was riDIculously easy, but still!  I got it!

Wanna try?

Name a product with the initials NPR.  This product is usually purchased by women.

Go!

7 comments:

spiffi said...

oooh I totally know that!

not going to put it in here because I don't want to spoil others who read the comments.

rockygrace said...

Congrats, spiffi!

Anonymous said...

Got it. (I'm like you. I never get the Sunday puzzler.) - bridgett

rockygrace said...

Yay, Bridgett!

One time I actually got the answer to the Car Talk puzzler. And another time or two, I got the Final Jeopardy answer when none of the on-air contestants did.

Once every fifteen years or so, I'm suddenly brilliant.

~~Silk said...

Sigh. I was hoping someone would tell me the answer. I tend to overthink. I got hung up on wondering whether N.P.R. would stand for the generic descriptor, or the trademark name, and got no further.

Anonymous said...

It's the generic descriptor. Think manicure. - bridgett

~~Silk said...

Ahah! Thank you, Bridgett. got it.