Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's A Good Thing I Didn't Go Out For Lunch ......

......... because, apparently, the bottom hem of the back of my slip has been tucked into the (interior) waistband of my (somewhat sheer) dress since some time this morning.

Oooooops.

In my defense, YES I AM wearing underwear! and pantyhose! Which leads me to a question:

You know how pantyhose have those little ........ um ......... crotch panels in them? Are those crotch panels actually supposed to be, like, underwear? Are you not supposed to wear actual underwear when you are wearing pantyhose? Because I find that idea a little bit distressing. When I get dressed in the morning, first I put on underwear, then pantyhose. Have I been DOING IT WRONG all these years? Because even if I have, I am going to continue to do so. The idea of wearing pantyhose without underwear underneath is skeeving me out.

But please tell me, oh Internet - am I DOING IT WRONG??

5 comments:

Poetry Echoes said...

You wear pantyhose in the summer?

listie said...

I think they were intended to be worn without underwear and I know people who wear them like that. But I'm with you, I can't wear them without underwear (although I have).

My goal in life is to wear any kind of hose as rarely as possible. You're too young to remember the days before pantyhose. As awful as they are, they're far better than the old days of stockings and garters, although with individual stockings if you got a run in one you could still use the other one if you bought the same color, so they actually were more practical.

rockygrace said...

Kerri, yep, I wear pantyhose in the summer - in the office, anyway. It's always freezing at work, and the hose help keep me warm!

And Listie, thanks so much for saying I'm too "young" for anything! That made me smile. I remember when "L'Eggs" first came out - remember how they came in those plastic egg thingies?

Exador said...

I think you're supposed to wear garters and stockings with no underwear.

hello? anyone? is this thing on?

rockygrace said...

garters and stockings and whips and chains ......... oh my! :)