Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Getting Ready For A Bad Day

Tomorrow morning, I have to go to the dentist for my six-month cleaning. The last time I was at the dentist, bad things happened. As far as that goes, bad things happen pretty much every time I go to the dentist. My teeth have ached for two weeks now in anticipation of this visit.


Tomorrow after work, the foster cats* go back to the shelter. They are sending over a volunteer to "net" Evil Momma, because she is still not handle-able. I've got an ache in the pit of my stomach just thinking about those beautiful little guys and girls going back, but I know it's time they find permanent homes, now while they're still cute and small and adorable and people "ooooh" and "aaaaah" over them.


So it's gonna be a pretty bad day, tomorrow is. Time to square my shoulders. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's not the end of the world, that it could be worse, and that two days from now, it will all be over with.

*You know, I've been thinking about putting a disclaimer in the posts about the foster cats. Something along the lines of, "No, I did not let my cats breed indiscriminately. I do foster work for local animal shelters. I take in cats that OTHER PEOPLE let breed indiscriminately and take care of them and their kittens until the babies are weaned and they can find permanent homes." Because I would hate it if anyone thinks that I am one of those asshats who fail to neuter their pets, let the cat get preggers, and then dump her and the kittens at a shelter. The End.

Hmmm. Guess I'm a little sensitive today.

No comments: