Monday, July 07, 2008

Aaahhh, the Glorious Fourth ......

....... when the car breaks down and the plumbing backs up.

Now the Saturn's just messing with my head. I was running errands on Friday, driving around, and I looked down to see that all of my dashboard gauges had flatlined. Gas? Zero. RPMs? Zero. Engine temp? Zero. And even though I was doing at least 30 at the time, according to the dashboard I was going ......... yep ....... zero.

So, I made a mental note to buy some gas, since I was pretty sure I had about half a tank, but I had no way to prove it, since the gauges were not cooperating, and to call the mechanic on Monday to have it looked at.

And then I hopped in the car on Saturday, started it up, and ..... everything was fine. All gauges working. And everything's been fine ever since.

WTF, Saturn?

Oh, and the plumbing thing? TOTALLY NOT MY FAULT. It was the guys DOWNSTAIRS who had sewage backing up into their bathtub, forcing the Roto Rooter guy to come out at 8 p.m. on the Fourth to unclog the main line. Not me!

How was your Fourth?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your car is trying to get you to go back to the honorable mechanic and so is feigning a hard-to-diagnose tizzic so that you'll have to spend some time together under the hood talking to one another.

Jeez, haven't you ever read any magical realism?

rockygrace said...

You know, I tried reading some Gabriel Garcia whateverhisnameis, and it just made my head hurt. I KNOW that says something less than stellar about me, but I can't help it.

But I like the idea of the car trying to hook me up with a nice mechanic! The car's been a POS since the day I bought it, so maybe it's trying to make amends.