Monday, May 01, 2017

Walk it over



Last week, when I got offered the position, I was torn.  I didn't know if I should take the job, or wait and see if something better came along.  Complicating matters was the fact that if I turned the job down, I'd lose any shot at unemployment benefits while I looked for something else.  So I did what I always do when I'm conflicted and need to think things over - I headed for the woods.


 Waterfalls always make me feel better.





There were blooming trilliums everywhere:





Entire hillsides were covered in Dutchman's Breeches:




Of course, when you're hiking gorges, you've gotta deal with the climb:

 
But look at the view from the top!:

 

Lucifer Falls:





And looking down at Lucifer Falls from waaaaay up high:




Trout lilies:




Purple trees:




And yet more waterfalls:




And it was awesome, because it was the middle of the week, so there was practically nobody else there.  And I thought to myself, well, if I took the job, I'd have days off mid-week all the time to enjoy more hiking and kayaking and less crowds at the popular spots.  

So I went home and emailed the recruiter and told him that I accept.  I'm still uncertain as to whether I made the right decision, and nervous, and anxious, but I keep telling myself, it's not like I just joined the Army, for Pete's sake.  If it turns out the job isn't right for me, I'll just stay there long enough to learn the medical office info I need to know, and then move on.  I don't think there's any way that job-searching for the first time in 30 years can *not* be nerve-wracking, and I need to stop beating myself up about this.  Go in, have a positive attitude, and learn what they can teach me.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll love it.  And if I don't?  It's not the end of the world - it's just a job.

3 comments:

Random Felines said...

wow - what a wonderful place to go and unplug and think. mom agrees - it is a job and if you hate it, learn something and move on. :)

bridgett said...

You have been adulting so hard lately. Congratulations on the new job. You're a hard-working and self-motivated person and that will either be compensated at this new place or you can take your show on the road in a bit once you have a larger skill set. It's all good.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Yes, just a job. great attitude to have, and man those falls are beautiful!