Saturday, May 27, 2017

Long story short, I'm walking away

So,  I completed the first week on the new job, and it will be the last.

There are many factors going into the decision; one of the main reasons is that it turns out that after 5 p.m., I would  be handling the walk-in alone.  As in, I would be the only person staffing the walk-in. There would be a nurse there, but as far as initial patient interaction, it would be me alone.  I stayed until 8 last night to see what it's like, and ... no.  No no no.  There is no hospital emergency room within 30 miles of this walk-in, meaning this walk-in is the only game in town, and ... no.  nope. nope. nope.

Today, I talked to two people whose judgment I trust implicitly and discussed the situation, and they both said to walk.  If either one of them had advised staying, I would have, but a two big thumbs down from trusted advisors is enough for me.

I will call my supervisor tomorrow and let her know of my decision.  And maybe then I'll finally be able to get some sleep. And stop crying.  




4 comments:

~~Silk said...

Good decision. Like many men, it sounded good at first....

James P. said...

Yeah, we all want you to stop crying. So sorry about the layers of stress on you.

fmcgmccllc said...

Wow, don't cry. But that does not seem safe to me, not for you or the walk-in. Sometimes maybe you are not cut out for the job and sometimes I fear no one is cut out for the job. Someone is making a profit here and a crying supervisor is not a good start.

You will feel better and get a better job soon.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

*offers chocolate*