Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Ain't got no time to CHAT



So!  When I left the house to go to work this morning, my cat-hating neighbor was at the end of my driveway.

"Oh, crap," I thought to myself, as I walked down the driveway, pasting a smile on my face and doing a mental eye-roll.

"Hey!," she said.  "Just wanted to let you know that (insert name of person who lives up the street) had a BEAR in her backyard the other night!  It took down their birdfeeder!"

"Oh, really?" I said, explaining that I, too, had had a bear experience.  "What's your email?  I've got a picture to send you!"

She gave me her email, and when I got to work I sent her this:


Heh heh I hope she pooped her cat-hating pants when she saw THAT.

But anyway, after she got done informing on the bear, she continued to stand there and chat, and I'm standing there, thinking, like, "really?  After you send me anonymous nasty-grams and then come and complain to me at length about the damage my cats are supposedly doing, now you want to be ... friends?"

'Cause that ain't happening.  That train right there has left the station.  And I dunno, maybe she felt bad about bitching about my (INNOCENT) cats and wanted to mend fences, but ... bah.  Nope.  Not happenin'. 

Neighbors.  Christ.


No comments: