Monday, September 21, 2015

Whirlwind weekend



Man, I do not know where time is going lately, but I know EXACTLY where this past weekend went - kittie city!

Saturday, there was an adoption event at Tractor Supply in the town where the rescue is located, which is about an hour away from my house.    Friday night, I decided to bake something to take to the event - I like to have something to give to other volunteers and to people who stop by, and then I give any leftovers to the store employees.  I picked up a box of brownie mix on my way home, figuring brownies would be easy.

HA.

I baked the brownies, let them cool, and then cut them into ... squares?






WHAAAAAAT?!  No matter how carefully I cut, the brownies came out in ragged chunks.  I turned to facebook for help, where my friends informed me that without a special brownie-baking pan, brownies ... are virtually impossible to cut into neat pieces.

Sheesh.

Saturday morning, me and my ragged-ass brownies headed off to the event.  I left my foster kittens at home, figuring the long ride plus a several-hour event would be a bit much for them, got to the store, set up, then scooted over to the rescue to grab some cats and another volunteer.

It was a beautiful day, and there were all kind of animals there.  Goats and miniature horses:





Roosters:




And cats, of course:







After the event, I went out for a late lunch with one of the other volunteers (diner lasagne - I was starving and it was AWESOME), and then headed back home.

Yesterday, it was errand running and blahblahblah, except I did manage to sneak off for a quick hike, to discover that the leaves are starting to change:



And then I had to scoot back home, because ...

It was Apple Pie's BIG DAY!



Yep, little Apple was the first of this litter to find her new home, courtesy of Petfinder.com, so she left Foster Camp to go live with her family.  *sigh*

People often ask me how the other fosters react when one leaves, and all I can say is, they don't. Five minutes after Apple went home last night, the other three were doing this:





"YAAAAAY!  More food for US!"

Ha.  Kittens.  Gotta love 'em.


3 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Ragged brownies are better than no brownies at all.

Congratulations to Apple's family.

Becs said...

Happy "Go to Your Forever Home" Day to Apple. Brownies are brownies and are fabulous no matter how crumbly.

rockygrace said...

Well, I'm glad the consensus is that even mangled brownies are still worthy. :)

And I'm hoping that Apple is having a faaaaaabulous time in her new home.