Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The weekend that was




Well.  THAT weekend went by in a hurry, didn't it?

Saturday was an adoption event:




I'm pleased and amazed to report that the kitty quilts I made sold out:


And even more pleased and amazed to report that seven!  kittens!  found new homes on Saturday.  Including THREE  who went to ONE family, which, all I can say is, I bet they had a busy weekend. 

And no, none of those seven were my fosters; mine are still too wee to go to events.


I actually replaced that ratty old beach towel with a nice clean bed sheet this weekend and now?  The cats refuse to lie there.

Ah, kitten faces:




Litter 1 is starting to sample food and to use the litterbox. (whew)  Litter 2 is starting to emerge from their nest.  I predict chaos in the coming weeks.  Luckily, a neighbor girl has been coming over and spending lots of time in the foster room, which is AWESOME.

Let's see.  I also mowed the lawn and cleared out the gardens and did nine million tons of laundry and washed the car and drank some beer.

AND took a minute to think of my dad, a WWII vet, and all of the other veterans out there who keep us safe.

Hope you had a good weekend too. 





No comments: