Friday, May 09, 2014

Freaky Friday: Fun with Wreaths



Some of my neighbors have artificial forsythia wreaths on their front doors.  And they look really pretty, but they're also expensive, so I decided to see if I could dollar-store a forsythia wreath.

I ended up going to A.C. Moore for the wreath itself, because the dollar store ones were sadly lacking.  Using a coupon (oh God, I've turned into my mother), I was able to pick up a straw wreath for a couple of bucks.

Then it was back to the dollar store for some fake flowers.  I got lured away from the forsythia branches by some more ... exotic stems.  I was trying to keep the cost under ten bucks, so I decided to go the minimalist route, i.e., "I'm too cheap to do this up right."

The result?


Well, from a distance it doesn't look too bad ... but it needed something more.  Something ... me.



Yep, I think the rooster in the middle makes the perfect statement.  The "I am crazy" statement.



Oh, and in Puff Pop Patrol:  Yep, she's still pregnant.  I think she's stalling.  She walking over to Bearycat's kittens last night and hissed at them.  I thought, oh, honey, you have NO IDEA what's coming, do you?










4 comments:

~~Silk said...

When I scrolled down and the wreath appeared, I literally burst out laughing! I LOVE it! It's so you, and so beautiful. It's freedom and spring and glory.

rockygrace said...

Well, you can't say it isn't BRIGHT, anyway.

Mama D said...

That wreath has personality!!

James P. said...

Well, I LIKE the wreath.....color choices, etc. And I think we're all lucky that the rooster isn't riding a motorcycle or something.