Monday, May 19, 2014

So ...




So, I woke up this morning and one of my big toes was killing me.  Kiiiiiiiiilling me.  And I was all, Gout!  Dammit, I have gout!  How did this happen?  I don't even EAT seafood!

And then I remembered the can of cat food I dropped on my bare foot yesterday, and yeah. It's probably that, right?  Probably that, and not gout. Right.

And in cat news, turns out you become very popular with the ten-and-under set in your neighborhood when word gets out that you have an entire ROOM full of teeny-tiny kittens.

And it's LOTS of fun to answer all kinds of kid kitten questions, including thorny ones like, "Where do they poop?", and "How does their mommy make the milk?", and "How did the mommy cat get pregnant?"  Yeah.  Fun!

AND I heard a verrrrrrry juicy tidbit of rescue gossip over the weekend that I would loooove to share with certain people, but I can't, because that would be conduct unbecoming.  *sigh*

And I am a big nature lover and all that, no really, but I would like to SHOOT that gotdam woodpecker who is out pecking away at the metal street sign in front of my house every morning at the crack of dawn.  BANG!  BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG! BANG!  Restful.  I keep thinking he'll get a concussion and give it up, but no luck yet.

Finally, somebody wants to say hey:


Word.

3 comments:

Domestic Kate said...

Do you get the honor of naming the babies? I think you should since you're the one fostering.

James P. said...

Yeah, let us know when you come up with names for AAALLLLLLLLL those babies........Ginny

rockygrace said...

I do get to name the babies! but it's not as big a thrill since I know that they'll almost certainly get new names once they get adopted.

I was thinking about auctioning off the naming rights on Facebook as a fundraiser for the rescue ...