Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Oakley-doakley Corners.



Sunday it was off to Oakley Corners.  I was looking for Ladyslippers, but if they were in bloom, I couldn't find them.  I'll try again in a couple of weeks.

Disclaimer:  Snake pic ahead.

These little plants were everywhere:


Making a carpet on the forest floor:






When this land was being farmed, farmers would make rock hills in the corners of fields:





Kids can't resist rocks:



Big pond:






Little pond:




The beavers have been hard at work:


Water snake!



As I was hiking back to my car, I noticed something on the trail:





Hmmm ... could it be ...



Ten bucks!  To whoever lost the ten bucks at Oakley-doakley Corners:  Thank you!  Your money will be put to good use, feeding needy foster kittens.  LOTS of needy foster kittens.  Ha.