Tuesday, September 07, 2010

This past weekend

I actually had a lot of stuff I was going to get done this past weekend, but sitting down on Saturday morning and writing out a check (for more than I paid for my first car, dagnab it!) for the replacement windows seemed to take the wind out of my sails. Plus, they can't even do the install until November, so we're looking at an extreme case of delayed gratification, here.


But! I did manage to get some stuff done:


Cleaned out the car, which was beginning to look like somebody was living in it. I can actually see the carpets now.


Found a roadside ditch where monarch caterpillars were having an eating competition on the milkweed.

A few feet down from the caterpillars, found some solid wood lawn furniture that somebody had put out at the road with a "Free" sign. Whoopee! A little sanding and painting, and that's gonna be some fine-lookin' outdoor seating. Jeezus, I'm cheap.


On a related note, fished a Razor scooter out of the creek, where it had landed after evidently being tossed off the bridge overhead. The water was cold, but it was worth it. Why, I'm not sure. I'd better watch it, or I'm going to end up on an episode of "Hoarders".


Saw a great blue heron playing with its food. It'd pick up a fish, thrash it around a little, drop it back in the water, let it get a little bit away, then charge after it again.


Finally got some bedding for the Craftmatic! Adjustable! Bed!


Weed-whacked the ditch, which is probably my least-favorite chore.


Covered some of the exposed insulation in the garage. Wasn't that doing to get done last year? Yes. Yes it was.


Got buzzed by hummingbirds going to the feeder. Those little dudes are aggressive, bless 'em.

Sat down and read a "National Enquirer." It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

So, I did get some stuff done this weekend. And by writing a ginormous check to the window people, my main chore in weekends past, which was scraping and painting the window frames, is no longer an issue. How will I ever fill the time? I don't know, but I'm sure I'll find something.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ouch! That check must have really hurt.

Great find with the furniture! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

rockygrace said...

Yeah, I'm trying to decide what color(s) to paint them.