Thursday, December 21, 2006

Salvation Armani

I ran into my sister Ditzy at the Salvation Army last night. We are both dedicated thrift store shoppers. Lately I have been looking for patterned pants, as I get tired of just plain old solid color pants, and I am always trying to liven things up. Let's face it, office attire is pretty boring. So, I found a pair of navy paints with a really small polka dot print, but they're a size (at least) too big. Did I buy them? You betcha! They're supposed to be washed in cold water, so I'll just wash them in hot water & see if they shrink. Ha! But they can only shrink width-wise, not length-wise, because if they shrink any length-wise, they'll be too short. Will all this come together? Ask me after the next time I do laundry.

I also bought a pair of corderoy paisley pants. I know, it sounds horrific, but I really have a jones for patterns right now. I actually, seriously considered buying a pair of plaid pants a few days ago, but images of Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack restored me to sanity.

I painted my first watercolor of Rocky last night. Looked pretty good to me, until this morning, when I realized the eyes were waaay too close together. I'll try to fix that tonight.

No comments: