Monday, December 18, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree

Yay! The tree is up! And decorated! And I have a confession to make - I bought it at Lowe's (a big box home improvement store, for those of you who may not have one in your area). I usually go to this place out in the sticks, and make a day of it, blah, blah, blah, but their trees were getting pricey last year, and I just didn't feel like it. So I scooted to my local Lowe's, picked out a tree, got it baled, etc., and got it back home in the space of about half an hour. Putting up a tree by myself can be interesting, to say the least, but I'm getting better at it after all these years - no swear words at all this year!

Yesterday I took Mom antiquing - I found a small desk for the back deck to replace the awful rusty charcoal grill that I never use except to put stuff on top of, which was difficult because the top of the grill had a slope to it! So now I have a nice flat desk to set stuff on. And I found this plaster tiger that's about 18" long and weighs about 20 pounds. He's on watch duty on the deck.

All in all, a good weekend.

No comments: