Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I Survived the Dentist!

Yay! I made it through this morning's visit to the dentist. I was there for two hours, which seems an awfully long time to be at the dentist. First, they did a full set of x-rays, which is difficult because the inside of my mouth is very small due to an extra bone in the bottom of my mouth (I swear, this is what they tell me). Then, a cleaning. Then, they offered to ultrasonically clean my appliances (mouthguards), so I said sure.

The good news: No cavities! and they didn't even use that awful pokey probe thing to jab between my teeth & into my gums! I'm sure they'll probably do that next time, but not today. Whew! The hygienist was very good, which makes a huge difference. I called the one I used to have "Nurse Ratched".

So my dentist was telling me about a nightmare she had last night about going to the dentist. Even dentists have nightmares about going to the dentist! I didn't have the heart to tell her that I had a nightmare last night about going to the dentist, too.

I'm off the hook for six more months! Hopefully, my jaw won't act up too much after today's cleaning.

Note to dentists: Every once in a while, let someone out of there with just a cleaning. Those of us with troubled teeth get tired of hearing bad news visit after visit - it tempts us to stop going.

No comments: