Thursday, February 14, 2019

Lumpy Space Princess

A couple of posts ago, I mentioned that one of my current crop of fosters had to have hernia surgery.

So I wasn't really surprised when I felt lumps in the belly of one of his siblings.  It seems Camper Rainbow had developed the same condition that her brother came in with.

Arrangements were made for her hernia/spay surgery, and I dropped her off that morning and picked her up that evening, still hilariously loopy from the anesthetic and the pain meds. (her, not me.)

But ... when I got her home and went to take a look at her belly, it was still all lumpy!  What the -

Mammary hyperplasia.  It wasn't hernias, it turns out it was something called mammary hyperplasia, which thankfully is a fairly minor diagnosis as far as diagnoses go.  (Just when you think you've seen it all as far as kitten problems!) The lumps should go away now that she's been spayed, and the condition should not recur.

And while I had jokingly starting referring to her as Lil Lumpy, one of my coworkers said I should call her Lumpy Space Princess (which is, it turns out, a cartoon character).

LSP it is!  At least here in Foster Camp.  haha.


2 comments:

James P. said...

Scary, but glad it will be OK. Thought you were going to say something worse.

You need to get your coworkers busy on lists of future campers' names!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

fascinating, as I just heard about this in a group about kittens. 17 years and I'm still learning