Thursday, June 09, 2016

No babies, er, kittens, yet!



Still waiting ...


"Lady, can I borrow your lap?  'Cause mine seems to be missing ...":



I was sitting in the foster room last night with Rosa on my lap and my hand on her belly, and I swear I could feel those kittens moving around.  It was kinda freaky.

I remember when I was a kid, my sister Ditzy had a cat named Jinx who looked a lot like Rosa, and Jinx looked like she had swallowed a basketball by the time she delivered, so we may be looking at a few more days here.  At least.  Ha.  If there's one thing I've learned fostering, it's that cats do things on their own schedule.



"I wonder when those kittens are going to get here ...":


4 comments:

Domestic Kate said...

Babies also do things on their own schedule, although I guess with multiple kittens, they all have to be in agreement :)

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I've waited a month for kittens before. I started calling the mom all kinds of names for being so selfish for keeping her kits. But, I do know I don't want them being born before they are ready, so it is all in fun.

James P. said...

SHE'S LETTING YOU HOLD HER!!!! She is just so sweet.

rockygrace said...

Kate, yep, it's all or nothin' when it comes to kittens. :)

and Tails, yes, it is all in fun! Goodness knows we don't want any underbaked babies. Although I'm fairly confident that won't be a problem with THIS litter. Ha.

Ginny, she IS sweet. very sweet! I'm always amazed at how darn FRIENDLY some of these strays are. And now I'm doing everything short of reading tea leaves to try and figure out when these kittens will get here. "Hmmm, let's see, she didn't eat much breakfast this morning ... is today the day?"