Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Hoarder



I have no idea why there's so much stuff in my fridge that I can't bear to throw away. Right now the list of oddments includes some bruised apples, several Laughing Cow cheese wedges that I am going to eat, oh, NEVER, and a single-serving pouch of pre-mixed Sangria (classy!) that's been there since Spring. I mean, it's not like I'm going to make a MEAL out of this stuff. Not unless the zombie apocalypse occurs within the next week or two, anyway.

I mean, if something goes moldy or stinky, of COURSE it gets the old heave-ho, but if it's not obviously "bad"?  Meh.  It can stay.  It's like I'm waiting for the stuff to leave of its own free will or something.  "Hey, buddy, I didn't ask you to go; you left on your own."  Yeeeah, now I'm getting passive-aggressive with the leftovers.

I posted about this on Facebook last night, and several people chimed in that they, too, had weird stuff lurking in the back of the fridge. Condiments, mostly.  Although one person claimed that they LOVED those Laughing Cow wedges, although it seemed to be more because they can be taken camping without refrigeration than for any actual ... edibility.

So how about you?  Anything ancient lurking in YOUR fridge?  Enquiring minds want to know.

4 comments:

spiffikins said...

I think the Laughing Cow stuff breeds in my fridge...

I just cleaned out a bunch of stuff last night - my fridge has so much room in it now (course that means that I have no food...but whatever....)

I really do need to wash it though - I don't recall anything spilling, so the leftover must have had some sort of bloody battle while I was sleeping!

rockygrace said...

haha who knows what happens in the fridge once the light goes out ...

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

my husband and I quite often joke that instead of throwing something out we'll put it in the fridge until it gets moldy and then throw it out

rockygrace said...

haha there ya go, Tails. Procrastination: It's a beautiful thing.