Monday, January 12, 2015

So! THAT happened ...



I got my tie-dye on this weekend.  Was fun!  And exhausting.  I did the actual dying on Saturday, and then spend FOUR HOURS yesterday on a ladder with my arms above my head, staple-gunning.  When I finally knocked off around three-thirty, I was EXHAUSTED.  I honestly can't remember the last time I was that tired.  Staple-gunning beats Jillian for exercise, I'll tell you what.

But!  The ceiling looks ... interesting.  Which is to say, *I* really like it, I think it is beautiful, but I can picture somebody else walking in and going "...um...".  Bottom line, it looks a thousand percent better than what it looked like before, so I am happy.  Plus, now that I've got some tie-dying (and overhead-stapling) experience under my belt, I can totally see myself doing other projects like this. Come visit me in my House of Odd!

Sadly, my camera's USB cable has stopped working, so I until I get a new cable, I won't be able to show you the results of my labor.  YOU ARE CRUSHED, I KNOW.

Here, let me console you with a picture of a frozen waterfall, downloaded before the cable died:


Pretty, no?  Prettier than my ceiling, even.

5 comments:

~~Silk said...

I want to strap a thick plastic pillow to my bottom and slide down that slope.

I came across something called "glow in the dark fabric paint" a few days ago, and thought of you.

spiffikins said...

nooo! I want to see the ceiling!

Hopefully you get a new camera cable soon! And really, why are camera cables still specific to the model - why can't they get on board like the cell phone people and standardize!

rockygrace said...

Excuse me while I go google "glow in the dark fabric paint" ...

And spiff, after I hunted down a new cable at Radio Shack*, turns out it wasn't the cable at all, but the camera itself. :( A new camera is on the way. WITH 20X ZOOM! WHEEEE!



*Who charged me THREE TIMES what it would have cost on line. There's a REASON why Radio Shack is circling the drain.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I am CRUSHED!! get that thing working I so want to see it!

rockygrace said...

Tails, the new camera is in transit. Then just give me, oh, a week or so to figure it out, and pics will be up. Ha.