Monday, July 14, 2014

Time flies



Sorry for the dearth of posting around here - I'm so damn busy it ain't funny.   Family drama, which I thought would die along with my mother, has managed to rear its ugly head again, so much so that I scared the cats the other night with my loud swearing as I listened to (yet another) message on my answering machine about the newly-sprung idea of MANDATORY contributions to my mother's headstone.  Coming from the people who couldn't be bothered to be here for her actual, you know, death.  Sweet Christ on a Cracker let her go already, people.  AND LEAVE ME OUT OF IT. F*ck.

Cat count?  Let's see.  There's my three, the two feral fosters, Mama Puff, four from Litter A and five from Litter B, for a total count of ... I'll think about it tomorrow.  Unfortunately, Kitten Season comes square up against Camping/Cookouts/Family Vacation Season, which means slow adoptions.  I'm drowning in cats over here. 

We did have an adoption event Saturday.  Can you believe that both of these gorgeous cats are STILL available?:




And there was a sighting of the rare and elusive Parrot Cat:



Someday, SOMEDAY, I'll have time to hike and relax and drink beer by the kiddie pool.  SOMEDAY.



2 comments:

Zella said...

I guess now would be the time for me to thank heavens for zero family = zero family drama in my life :) Hang in there, hope you'll be left alone !

Oh boy, if I wasn't this far and/or had the money to transfer kittens, I would SO want to have that multicolored cutie sleeping (the bigger one) in that cage - gorgeous !!

rockygrace said...

Zella, that cat is amazing. Her name is Reese, and all you have to do is look at her and she starts purring. Oh, she's a sweetie.

and I'm SO GLAD you commented, because my computer crashed and I lost the bookmark to your blog, but now I've got it again! yay!