Monday, July 28, 2014

Oh hai! I'm back!




Well.  THAT was a much needed break.

What did I do with my time off?  Not a whole heck of a lot.  The remaining kittens and I went to two adoption events, and now there are only THREE kittens in the foster room.  Seems empty in there!

I did a lot of sitting in the sun, some lawn mowing, some shopping, and a lot a lot of sleeping.  I take after my dad, who was a world champeen sleeper.  Give me the chance and a nice comfy bed and I'm good for ten hours, no prob.  *yawn*

Let's see.  One of the kittens learned how to do this:





Yeah, there went ten years off my life, right there.  (And ignore the cobwebs in the corner.)


I did go the to the county fair, which honestly seemed pretty rinky-dink compared to the state fair, but hey.  Free entertainment.  After the fair, I went to a nearby dam for a little hike.


Here's the ... dam ... thing:






Behind that ... dam ... thing ... is where the river goes in:





And there went another ten years off my life.  It doesn't look it, but I was up really, really high to get that pic, and there wasn't any, like, barricade or anything.  Scary!  The things I do for this blog.  Sheesh.

Here's the reservoir on the other side of the dam:





There were sailboats out that day; it was really pretty.  And yes, I WAS ON TOP OF THE DAM.  You're welcome.

And look!   I could see the fair from the top of the dam!:





Can you spot the ferris wheel?

So, yeah, that was my big exciting week.  A whole lot of nada, and it felt great.

 


3 comments:

James P. said...

How is (insert actual name of kitten here) getting DOWN from atop the curtain rod(s)?????

James P. said...

Guess we weren't about to be treated to a photo taken from atop the tall, tall, trembly, wind-shaken ferris wheel, huh? After all your readers do for you............

rockygrace said...

Kitten got down same way she went up - via the Curtain Express.

And somebody would have to PAY me to go up in a traveling carnival's ferris wheel. At least on top of the dam, my feet were still on solid ground.