Thursday, July 28, 2011

What's that? Why, yes, yes ...

... yes, evidently I AM completely insane.

Because I am going back to the shelter tonight.

Wait! Wait! Before you click away in disgust, I can explain ...

The shelter lady called last night. She reminded me that when I brought back New Kitty, I had left my carrier there.

I KNEW I left the carrier there, I just ... didn't want to deal with it. I figured, they're a shelter, they can probably always use more carriers, they can just keep my carrier. I'll buy a new one.

But! Shelter Lady called, and explained that they didn't need my carrier, and that if I was reluctant to come into the shelter, they would bring it out to the sidewalk for me ...

And all I have to say about THAT is, I wonder how many truly insane crazy cat ladies they deal with, to have that kind of protocol in place? "Okay, now for the ones who are so anguished that they can't even walk into the shelter, we'll take the carriers outside ..." But then again, wait a minute ... I AM one of those people who was reluctant to go back .... whoops. Holy shit. Does this mean that I AM a truly insane crazy cat lady? Naaaaa ...

But! Anyway! Shelter Lady and I got to talking, because it turns out that she ended up adopting a cat (Rainbow. I DID NOT NAME THAT CAT.) that I briefly fostered back in 2008, and we commiserated about New Kitty and how she was not a match for Little Girl, and how an older cat would probably be much better, and ...

... I am going back to the shelter tonight. To pick up the carrier. ONLY to pick up the carrier. And, well ... to look at a couple of older (as in, not kittens) cats who may be a match for Little Girl. Older, laid-back, calm, friendly-but-not-aggressive-toward-other-cats cats. With an eye toward possibly, MAYBE, some time in the future, trying again.

Because oh! oh! This morning? One of the cow kitties was in the garage, drinking out of the water bowl I keep out there for Little Girl, and Little Girl was just lying there all calm, watching cow kitty, not freaking out, not running away, just, all "Hey, cow kitty, what's the good word?" I KNOW she likes other cats; it was just that New Kitty scared her.

So, yeah, going back to the shelter. Feel free to ream me out in the comments.

No comments: