Monday, July 25, 2011

It's a nice day for a very colorful wedding

A couple of weeks ago, I went to a street festival. When I went to get my car out of the parking garage, several blocks away, I came upon this scene:







That's a hotel next to the parking garage. There was a DJ cranking out tunes, and curious, I headed over.





It was a wedding reception! Everyone was dancing like crazy. The women all had on gorgeous saris.



Warning: If you have your wedding outside, I may show up.




I wasn't sure who the bride was, because none of the women was wearing a traditional white wedding gown, but I'm pretty sure the groom was the guy with the turban:





And there was a horse!






Now, I thought that I had come upon the end of the reception, which had spilled out of the hotel in preparation to say goodbye to the bride and groom, who presumably were going to leave via horseback.


But! Then I heard the DJ say, "Okay, everybody, time to head into the ballroom for the reception!"


Whoa. So this was the pre-reception party. Man. If I ever get married again (HA!), I want to party like these guys.




1 comment:

Badass Nature Girl said...

Beautiful! I love Indian weddings, they are so gorgeous!