Saturday, October 03, 2009

SIX, motherf*ckers!

It's been six months since I had a cigarette. As always, let's roll the numbers:

Number of cigarettes I would have smoked between April 3 and today, were I still smoking: 5,400.

Amount of money saved: $963.00. Hmmm. That's about the amount I have in my checking account right now. So if I had kept smoking, instead of having almost a grand in my checking account, I'd have ........ zero. Nada. Zip. Whooooaaaa. There's some food for thought.

Is it still hard? Yeah, it's still hard. I still think about smoking every day. There are some days when I tell myself that I can do anything, anything at all, eat like a pig, get drunk, buy new clothes, anything, as long as I don't smoke. And while I usually don't end up needing to use the options, knowing they are there gets me through.



Although I will say one thing, it's a f*ck of a lot easier to abstain these days than it was in the beginning.

One foot in front of the other. Just keep going. Like the Bataan death march, gotdam it. Heeee. Just kidding. Sorta.

No comments: