Monday, January 15, 2007

Still Painting ......

I repainted the north wall of the living room yesterday, all because of one little spot. After putting the first coat on last weekend, there was one spot, about 6" x 6", that was lighter than the rest of the wall. So I moved all the furniture again yesterday, and did the wall over. That one spot is still a little lighter (as in, I am sure I am the only one who could ever even see it), but it looks a lot better. So next weekend will be coat two on the west wall, then it's on to the east wall! Then the bedroom, then the kitchen ........

The hardest part is moving the furniture. I bought some furniture sliders on e-bay, and they worked great on the TV dresser, but not so hot on the bookcase. That stupid bookcase got "tippy" once I got most of the books out - I'm lucky it didn't take out the TV when it started going over. And now I've got a very painful bruise on my thigh from where I tried to wedge under the bookcase to get the sliders on. But the wall looks much better!

3 comments:

Exador said...

Hi!

I couldn't figure out how to email you, other than this.

I'm Exador, from Monosyllabic Pedantry.

I'm actually from Vestal too! I say Binghamton because nobody's ever heard of Vestal. I grew up just off Front Street, near the Police Station and the Vestal Inn.
email me at
"exador3 at yahoo dot com"

bridgett said...

Hey there. I'm not from Vestal at all, though I live in Smallbany. I do, however, read both TCP and Mo-Ped. Thought I would drop in and say hi.

rockygrace said...

Hi Bridgett! Thanks for the hello.