Sunday, May 12, 2019

Easter Sunday, Taughannock Falls

First off, for all who are wondering, Good Boy is doing great!  He is chilling in the foster room, because I want to take introductions to the other cats very slooooowly.  But he is happy as a clam and purring it up. :)


Easter Sunday dawned cold and rainy, as so much of this spring has been.  So I decided a little road trip was in order.  Because why not?  Time to do some hiking.

Well, THIS looks promising!  :)


Stairs. Why does it always have to be stairs?:


Before you can see the falls, you can hear them:




These guys brought their shovels:


Past the main falls are the upper falls:



And the main event:





I headed across the street to the marina, empty this time of year:




and the lake:




and something totally unexpected:  Loons!




But soon enough it was time to head home, with a stop for Easter dinner:




A fine Easter Sunday, indeed.

4 comments:

Mama D said...

Looks like a great day and I am so happy for Good Boy!!

KJL said...

Wow - beautiful!
Happy Easter!
Kris

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Why shovels?

And man am I behind in my blog reading..

rockygrace said...

Connie, I'm guessing it was some kind of project from one of the local schools. And this blog is kind of like a soap opera - you can tune in a few times a year and get caught up in no time. haha.