Tuesday, March 04, 2014

That's one life-like looking stuffed bird






Except, of course, it wasn't stuffed.

I thought it was, at first.  I do have some fake stuffed birds around the house, the ones you buy at A.C. Moore to decorate wreaths and things with.  And when I got home from Saturday's adoption event, I didn't even notice it.  I took off my coat and my shoes, fed and played with the cats, then sat down in the living room and fired up the laptop, when I noticed that Bindi kept staring up toward the ceiling.  Turning around to see what she was gazing at, I saw the bird, and thought, "Gee, that's really realistic looking."  Then I thought, "I don't remember buying a fake bluejay, though."  THEN I thought, "Oh, sh*t."

(a) I have no idea how one of the cats managed to wrassle a large, live, uninjured blue jay through the pet door.  (b) I knew that butterfly net I bought at the dollar store would come in handy.


6 comments:

James P. said...

And here is where your no-holds-barred interior decorating scheme catches up with you. Any one of your readers could tour the house, stare straight at the (super-lucky) bluejay, and not think anything was out of place.....Ginny

rockygrace said...

Wait until you saw the porcupine in the bedroom ...

the queen said...

That is hilarious!

fmcgmccllc said...

For some reason I am starting to put you in the "Him Tarzan, me Jane" category. That is just too fricking weird.

James P. said...

If you ever get mad enough to quit your job, you could start your own interior design firm.....for people who want that "strange and/or free-range" look inside their homes. You'd be compelled to spend half your time combing the second-hand shops, so: you=happy.

rockygrace said...

You know, I try to live my life on an even keel, and yet somehow, the chaos finds me. (Or the cats DRAG IT THROUGH THE CAT DOOR.)

and Ginny, that would be the world's weirdest interior design firm. (Specializing in Early American Curb, of course.) I predict a LOT of disgruntled clients.