Friday, January 23, 2009

Movie Reviews - "Cat Dancers" and "Hancock"

"Cat Dancers" is a documentary about a big-cat act, the type seen in Vegas. And I found it absolutely fascinating. I really don't know how to go into details without giving stuff away, but it's just really, really interesting. It's showing on HBO right now, if you want to catch it.


I felt the same way about "Hancock" that a lot of other reviewers did - the beginning is great; the ending not so much. But the first hour is really entertaining. And I will watch anything Will Smith is in, mainly because of that scene in "I Am Legend" where he is doing chin-ups with his shirt off, and .............. oh, never mind. So I highly recommend the first hour of "Hancock", and it's only ninety minutes long, so I guess that's a two-thirds positive review.

No comments: