Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Rich and Famous

First off, let me say this: I am glad that they were able to operate on Ted Kennedy's brain tumor. I hope he makes a full recovery, or at the least is able to enjoy a longer life span than he would have otherwise.

That being said, I was at the hospital yesterday for tests (just routine stuff*), and I was in the waiting room watching CNN, and they were talking about his surgery.

And I was confused, because I did not think that his type of tumor was operable, but evidently they decided to go for it. And then I wondered who got bumped down on the surgery list because a *Kennedy* needed surgery pronto.

And then I found her.

I mean, I know, technically, it wasn't her, specifically. But still. And this stuff happens every single day in this country. Don't tell me that the system isn't fucked up, because it is. Big time.



*I love, love, love bone density tests. You get to lay down for them! And they're totally painless! Why can't all tests be that way?

No comments: