Tuesday, May 27, 2008

and then I waved at the guy in the helicopter ....

My life seems to be chock full of bizarre. I thought maybe the car dropping dead in the driveway on Friday (see post below) would fulfill my quota of bizarre for the weekend, but no .......


On Saturday afternoon I went to the grocery store, and I was loading the groceries into my car when I heard a "whup whup whup" noise from overhead. "Helicopter", I thought, and I looked up, and sure enough there was a helicopter hovering over an area just to the west of the parking lot.


At first I thought maybe it was a police or TV helicopter, but this one was orange-and-black (not the local or state police colors), with no police or TV station markings of any kind. And then I noticed ........ wait ......... that can't be ...... there was someone standing on the struts of the helicopter as it hovered around. And whoever was standing on the struts was filming something.


How bizarre!, I thought. And then I looked around, and with the exception of one woman a couple of cars down who gave me a WTF? shrug of the shoulders and smile, everybody else was just going about their business, loading up their cars and returning their carts, while some guy was standing on the struts of a helicopter and filming, right above their heads.


So I looked back up at the guy fifty feet above me standing on the struts of the helicopter filming. And I waved. And he waved back.


Then the helicopter moved off to the north, with the guy still standing on the struts and filming, and I got in the car and headed for home.


You can't make this stuff up, folks. Well, I mean, you could, but I don't have to. Because it all happens to me for real.


And who knows? Maybe I'm on YouTube right now. "Crazy lady waving in parking lot".

No comments: