Monday, April 03, 2017

What's Up



Let's see ... this will be my first week part-time at my job.   I have worked full time since I was 17, so this is going to be a little bit of an adjustment.  I'm going to be helping out at the rescue's adoption center, and applying for more jobs (I've got a phone interview on Thursday!), and I hope to be taking some online software refresher courses as soon as I get approved for them.  Keeping busy.

What else?  Today is the EIGHTH anniversary of me quitting smoking.  Eight friggin' years!  Go me. 

This past Saturday I helped out at a bake sale/hot dog sale at the rescue.  An OUTDOOR sale.  It was forty-flipping-degrees out and cloudy and windy.  It SUCKED. 

Sunday was sunny and beautiful, so I got out in the woods.  There's still snow on the ground, but at least it's warmer!




 The frogs were croaking away in the vernal pools:


 

When I got home, I got some pics of the bees in the crocuses (croci?) in the front yard:



And foster mama and babies are doing just fine.


2 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Eight years.. you go! And smart to take a part-time gig as being employed makes you far more employable than not being employed. It's weird, but it is true.

rockygrace said...

Tails, I'd go nuts just sitting around. Gotta keep busy!