Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Hell, *I'm* not drinking it.



SO!  How about that election, eh?  *SIGH*  Just keep him away from the nukes, fellas.  Just keep him away from the nukes.



A couple of weeks ago, I did a favor for a friend.  Knowing I was a beer drinker, she brought me over a case of beer as payment.

Unfortunately, it was Genny Light.

Genesee beer, for those unfamiliar, is a regional beer with a pretty ... distinctive taste.  I could best describe it as "skunk beer", aka "beer gone bad".

But some people love it!  People do buy it!  It is stocked in every store in the area.  It is fairly popular, although probably because it is usually the lowest-price beer in the store.

I am FAR from a discriminating beer drinker.  My beer of choice is Milwaukee's Best Light, Busch Light, or hell, even Natty Light in a pinch.  But ... Genny?

NOPE.

Thinking, "well, it's been many years since I've had a Genny, maybe they don't taste as bad as I remember," I decided to give it a shot.  And on the theory that all beers taste the same anyway after the first couple, last Sunday afternoon, I drank a couple of Milwaukee's Bests, and then cracked open a Genny.

NOPE.  Nope, no how, no way, I'm sorry, but that stuff tastes like SH*T.  I got about halfway through before I had to pour the rest of the can down the sink.

I put the rest of the Gennys back in the case, taped it up, threw it in the back of the car, and started making inquiries.  I could not find one. single. person  who wanted that case of Genny, which I was willing to gift away for FREE.

Free beer!  And nobody wanted it.  THAT'S how bad Genny is.

So.  In an act of desperation, I brought the case of beer to work, and set it out off a corner of the parking lot that gets a lot of neighborhood foot traffic. 


It's been there for two days now.  I'll let you know if it ever moves on.



2 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

That is too funny. Must be some bad beer.

rockygrace said...

Trust me, fmcetc. It is. It finally did find a new home, some time yesterday.