Thursday, October 26, 2006

Time to go to the V-E-T

Here's Rocky.
My cat Rocky had to go to the vet last night for his annual check-up. So I left early from work, went home, got changed, got him in his cat carrier, and off we went. Rocky does not like the vet's office - after the vet tech weighed him, etc., she left us in the room to wait for the vet, and Rocky tried to hide himself under my coat, pushing against my stomach as I stood by the examining table - it was really kind of cute, but I felt bad because he was so scared. Anyway, he is doing fine. His teeth are looking good - He used to have to have his teeth cleaned quite often, which is quite an ordeal for cats, because they have to be anesthesized - but I started added Friskies Dental Diet to his cat food mix, and it really helped! Yes, I will give Friskies a plug here, because their product really works. He has lost a little weight, which is not a bad thing - down to 11.6 pounds from 13 pounds. He is now 14 years old, which the vet said is equivalent to 72 person years.

No comments: