Saturday, February 17, 2018

Mama Minkie finds a home

Minkie, my current foster, took a long and circuitous route to get here.  She was obviously somebody's pet at some point, because she was socialized.   She found herself somehow living in a barn out in the country until the barn burned down and she took refuge under a neighbor's porch.  They worked hard to gain her trust, and she came into their house to have her kittens (!), but they had an aggressive-to-cats dog and she couldn't stay. So she ended up at the rescue, and as I had a vacant room at the time, she and her litter came to stay with me last October.




The kittens grew, as kittens do, and got adopted, in pairs. Which left sweet Minkie, who was so afraid of new situations that I hesitated to take her to the adoption center to stay. So I started taking her in on Saturdays, getting her used to the new environment.



There were several people interested in her, but they didn't pass the application process.  Lots of people loved her beautiful blue eyes, but no one seemed to be the right person for her.


Until today, when a woman who had adopted from the center before and had experience in dealing with cats who need special care decided that maybe she could give the right home to Minkie.  She came in to see her today, and the rest is history.  Minkie has a home!


Congratulations, Minkie!  I'll always remember what a sweet girl you are.

5 comments:

James P. said...

Geez, I didn't realize that she had been with you since October. I mean, I KNEW, but didn't realize. Don't know how you handle the "fostering" thing since I could never be so resilient. You are just the best kind of person (except, possibly, for when you made her into a slut with that leopard skin print dress).

James P. said...

PS......Such a sweet, wacky kitty. Hope that lady reports back about how she is doing.

rockygrace said...

I hope to hear from her, too! I always love to hear how my former fosters are doing.

KJL said...

I love happy endings!
Kris

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Congratulations to her people