Friday, December 22, 2017

Freaky Friday: It's a Christmas miracle!

Some of you who have been reading here for a while may recall that when anything even slightly unusual happens this time of year, I like to describe it as a Christmas miracle, because why not?  Found a good parking spot?  It's a Christmas miracle!  Grabbed the last raspberry pie at the store? Christmas miracle!  You get the picture.

But this year, guys ... this year ...

Some of you may remember Bunnyman, aka Angel Rabbit Man, the ceramic rabbit with the body of a man and also wings.  Oh, yeah.   And then there was Son of Bunnyman.  And then I did the whole Bus Stop thing, featuring Bunnyman. And despite doing some research, I never could discover the origins of Bunnyman.  Still haven't.

But the other day I stopped by a thrift store, and ...

another Bunnyman.



I saw him at the thrift store amid the knick-knacks and coffee cups and snatched him up. He didn't have a price tag, but really ... would any price be too much to pay for an elusive Bunny Man?

When I got up to the register, the cashier said, "Oh wow,  this is really ..."   I waited for her to say "weird", or "strange", or "odd", but instead she said, "cool.  I don't know what it is, but I like it!"  and she charged me a buck.

It's a Christmas miracle! A true Christmas miracle!  :)

Well, of course I had to dress him up a little:


... and arrange a reunion with his long-lost brother:


and reconfigure the Bus Stop:


Christmas miracles, guys. They're out there.


2 comments:

James P. said...

They don't seem to be offering Saint What's-her-name (you told us once) a seat at the bus stop!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Isn't it great when you find something you didn't think you'd ever find..