Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Mesothelioma and the Talking Heads

So, there's this commercial that plays on one of the cable stations pretty much constantly.  It's an advertisement for (I think) some kind of medication for Mesothelioma.  Or maybe it's a law firm's ad for clients affected by Mesothelioma.  I'm not really sure.

But ANYWAY, it's just this guy talking, and he starts out, "People who have been diagnosed with Mesothelioma have many questions. ‘How did I GET this disease?’”

And every time, EVERY TIME this commercial plays, my mind goes straight to the Talking Heads song, "Once in a Lifetime".

"And you may find yourself in a beautiful house
With a beautiful wife
And you may ask yourself, well,
How did I GET here?"

  
and that damn song, straight outta my high school days, just keeps going on and on in my head,

"THIS is not my beautiful house!
THIS is not my beautiful wife!"

Anybody else? Anybody else see that commercial and go immediately to the Talking Heads?  No?  Just me?  Yeah, I was afraid of that. :)





 

7 comments:

rockygrace said...

And oh! I almost forgot! Every time I see that commercial for "Nugenix" (whatever THAT is), I think they're saying, "eugenics", which make the ad much more interesting (and horrifying).

KJL said...

Haha - I will now :-)
Kris

James P. said...

No, I didn't think of it......but, what Kris said.

Love David Byrne.

James P. said...

David Byrne is selling OUT the venues on his tour NOW and it's been a few years. Good music LASTS. I think you would love a crazy movie he did (one of John Goodman's first roles) many years ago called True Stories.....or, maybe you had to have lived/survived in Texas to "get it". Maybe Arline would like it!

rockygrace said...

Love 'em or hate 'em, Talking Heads sounded like nobody else on the radio at the time. One of my all-time favorite songs is "And She Was". I DEFY you to hear that song and not start dancing. :)

James P. said...

(I'll bet the really COOL people with mesothelioma just call it "meso".)

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I've never seen the commercial, but I have it in my head now.. thankyouverymuch ;)