Monday, June 02, 2014

Spotted



On Saturday, I took a break from kitten-wrangling and lawn-mowing to visit a local nature preserve.






Things are greening up quite nicely.





TURTLE!!!!



I was doing some bushwhacking by the pond, looking for more turtles, when ... wait a minute ... what's this?:




Let me sneak a leetle closer:





Oh, look:




 A baby!

I stayed only long enough to silently oooh and aaaah, took a few pics (using my zoom; I was not as close as these pics appear, I'm not a total a**hole), and backtracked before baby could get spooked or mom (who I am sure was nearby) could get nervous.

That's it.  I've finally found something cuter than a kitten.




3 comments:

James P. said...

Wildlife version of squeeing from your readers today!

the queen said...

So gorgeous!

rockygrace said...

That fawn made my week.