Friday, June 20, 2014

Freaky Friday: This raises a host of questions



Last Saturday, on the side of the road between the state forest and a cemetery I visited, I spotted this:






A cane.  By the side of a quiet country road.

Whaaaaa?

Judging by the dirt on it, it had been there for a while.  Who ... loses a cane?  By the side of the road?  Did the Rapture happen and only one person was called?

I picked it up, dusted it off, and used it on the walk back to the car.  Those old folks have a secret they've been keeping - Walking is much easier when you use a cane!

But I still wonder what happened to the original owner ...


5 comments:

James P. said...

It tells me that vicious bears don't find peoples' canes to be edible.

~~Silk said...

Perhaps someone visited the forest or the cemetery, put the cane on the roof when they got back in the car, and drove off forgetting it was still on the roof?

BTW, it's always a good idea to carry a walking stick when walking alone. You can wave it at a beast and the beast thinks you're larger and thinks twice about challenging you.

James P. said...

Silk, your idea makes more sense, but it is less entertaining to envision. And you are absolutely right about taking a walking stick........Ginny

~~Silk said...

Ginny -- your version cracked me up. I loved it. My late husband had a sense of humor like yours, one of the things I loved about him. Me, I tend to be distressingly practical and straight-line in my thinking. I wish I could be more .... off the wall?

rockygrace said...

Okay, okay, enough with the bear already. :)

I prefer the Rapture explanation, myself.