Sunday, March 24, 2019

Sunday Stroll

Well, the sun was SUPPOSED to come out today, but it declined.






But I decided to go out walking anyway.  But first I had to drop some traps off; it seems to be some unwritten rule lately that I can't go anyplace without taking a car full of traps with me.





And then I had to stop and get an oil change, because every once in a while I have to adult whether I like it or not.  THEN it was time to walk.

The skunk cabbage is up!  Surely Turtle Day can't be too far behind.


Beavers have been busy:


A deer bone tableau:


Hmmm ... an unlocked outbuilding at a deserted summer camp ...  Did I go in?  NO WAY.  I've seen WAY too many scary movies to fall for THAT trap:




Bug heiroglyphics:




See that thing up on the tree?  That white blob?:




I got out the binocs, then the zoom lens, to get a better look:




Anybody know what kind of fungus that is?

Finally, it's not a walk around here without spotting a deer or two:




Pretty good camouflage.

2 comments:

James P. said...

Glad you got out. The deer seem to put up with you...….or maybe you're farther away than we think? Maybe we can find out about the fungus since the Virginia plant people go on binges about it on Facebook.

James P. said...

PS…..You're doing what James did to survive the Pentagon and Washington DC commuter drill.