Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thanksgiving Weekend

So, I was just sitting here watching TV on a Sunday night, and the ticking clock came on to announce that it was time for 60 Minutes (or, "60 Incriminating Minutes", as we used to call it in my family).

And then I remembered that it was a Thanksgiving Sunday, fifteen years ago, that I was watching 60 Minutes in California, where I had attended a funeral for a family member the day before.

Fifteen years.  Fifteen years!  Where on earth does the time go?

That family member has been dead for fifteen years now, and I'm still here. And I've been through so many incredible changes over the past fifteen years, well ... but here I am.  Still going.

Where were you fifteen years ago?  Enquiring minds want to know. 

3 comments:

~~Silk said...

Fifteen years ago I was living in the Mid-Hudson Valley, and I was in a deep mourning depression. Jay had died almost exactly two years before, and I wasn't over it yet; that took another year. The house felt so empty, I began filling it with antiques from the local auction house, and clothing, and jewelry, and books, and pretty much everything on eBay that caught my eye. I buried myself in stuff. If I couldn't have him, I'd have everything else I wanted.

It took seven years for me to "get better".

spiffikins said...

Let's see, 15 years ago, was 2002. So I was working for the same company as I am today - but I wasn't getting *paid* very frequently - we were on the verge of collapsing. I was living in a 2 bedroom apartment, and my housemate/friend who had moved to the US with me, had moved out in September, so I was now living with a college student named Shirin - she was a good housemate, but we never really became friends.

Things weren't too bad - I was 2 years into my brand new career, and still had a lot of *shiny* left on me :)

If I had known then that things at work would get worse - with layoffs and even less regular paycheques - and wouldn't get resolved until July 2004 - I'm not sure I would have stuck it out! I'm glad I did though - things did get better starting in mid 2004!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

15 years ago on the Sunday after Thanksgiving I was fretting over Eli who was so stressed over the entire family decending on the house that he ended up in the hospital for several days with a really bad URI and fever.

I am glad you are still here too.