Saturday, April 14, 2018

Spring has sprung

Here is proof that Spring is here no matter what the weather:

I have an extremely pregnant foster cat:


The dolphin plant is blooming:
 

The car is parked in the driveway instead of the garage:
 

The bleeding hearts are up:
 

The flamingos have returned:
 

The skunk cabbage is up:
 

The eagles are nesting!


 Hey, heron, get outta the way, I'm TRYING to take a picture of the turtle:


The turtles are back!  A friend informed me last night that yesterday was Turtle Day, which I sadly missed, so I made sure to get out today to get my fill of turtles:


What's the surest sign of Spring in your neck of the woods?


7 comments:

the queen said...

Raccoons humping.

~~Silk said...

I have ditched closed shoes and moved to sandals. (A bit cold in the snow last week, but I'll suffer for spring.)

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

the dolphin plant is cool

Mama D said...

That’s a very baleful look the mama cat is giving you. 😝

rockygrace said...

queen, I ... can't say I've seen that particular sign of spring yet. :)

~~Silk, I evidently don't have your fortitude, because sandals are still several weeks away for me.

Tails, I also have a goldfish plant! I'm always attracted by the unusual, haha.

and Mama D, I think that poor cat is getting tired of my staring at her belly.

Domestic Kate said...

HUGE magnolia blossoms. I don't think I've ever seen a magnolia tree (or else I was just oblivious). They are gorgeous. But with all of the April showers we're getting, they're just about all gone.

rockygrace said...

Oh, Kate, I LOVE magnolias. So pretty.